Creative. Brand. Opportunity.
Adapt. Aspire. Lead.
With decades of creative, marketing, and advertising development and strategy, I have worn many hats but always focused on moving forward. For the last fourteen years, I’ve forged each of my own opportunities to create and take on unique roles – continuously growing and expanding the responsibilities to adapt to the goals of the business and the digital marketplace.
Design Tool Expertise
Office Tool Expertise
Sr. Director, Global Creative Technology
Apr 2018 – Present
While developing creative for high-level initiatives and providing overall design direction, I built and led a high-performing global creative organization to support multiple functions and business units with an emphasis on breaking down legacy silos to work across channels, time zones, and continents.
- Managed the creative progression of a complex global ecosystem merging multiple companies (and logos) through alignments and rebrands into a single identity
- Built standardization practices to facilitate brand alignment, growth, and evangelism – these standards allowed the team to move quickly and flawlessly to service a fast-paced organization that requires quick turnarounds
- Developed a comprehensive in-house digital asset management portal that drove brand adoption globally
- Established and managed governance protocols to optimize consistency and implementation while providing additional oversight of directives, practices, and brand initiatives with parent company in Japan
- Developed world-class creative catered towards focusing on each stage of the sales funnel and presentation tools to dynamically tell the story of product influence throughout the consumer journey
- Leveraged creative style consistently across all mediums to build brand awareness and drive engagement
- Incorporated various business initiatives from marketing leads and stakeholders across individual regions to conceive and build lead-generating projects geared towards growing sales opportunities and brand awareness
- Worked with regional marketing directors to build account-based marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Developed annual creative strategies focused on a consistent brand experience yet highlighting unique regional iconography and nuances
- Created differentiated identities annually to build expectations, drive engagement and increase attendance
- Worked directly with c-level executives to develop opening remarks, keynotes, and strategic presentations at globally hosted and industry events
- Conducted an extensive analysis of global creative needs (external and internal), assessed available resources and capabilities, then built an organizational roadmap to align with evolving industry and corporate goals and objectives
- Lead, inspire and develop a motivated, high-performing team of creative design professionals on teams across the globe
- Built team strategies focused on agility and cross-training in order to provide greater operational support for client-facing organizations
- Developed comprehensive team hierarchies through multifunctional career paths while fostering individual growth and nurturing a creative culture
- Organized a unified operational model to manage creative team project workflows, communication, and deliverables
- Manage, mentor, and provide daily support to a global team of internal creatives with varying skill sets and different functions
Other Roles at Rakuten Advertising
Creative Director, Marketing
October 2015 – April 2018
Director of Marketing, Paid Search
May 2014 – October 2015
Sr. Creative Designer
August 2007 – May 2014
RoomSaver/Traveler Discount Guide
The nation’s largest print discount travel guide was at a crossroads facing increased competition and a diminishing audience. With the landscape becoming more digital, I recognized an opportunity and was able to influence the company to rebrand and build out its website. I focused on positioning, aligning regional marketing and sales objectives while developing a complementary creative strategy.
Sr. Account Executive / Designer
This was an incredible opportunity to manage the agency’s largest revenue-generating single-brand account. I worked directly with the client and team to develop custom weekly creative radio, television, and print campaigns to continually meet demanding sales goals.
My entrepreneurial spirit fueled a desire to try my hand at my own design business. I was able to establish a good client base and continue to focus on brand and identity design, advertising design, and web development. It was an important step in my career as it gave me a greater understanding (and appreciation) of the sales and customer service side of the creative business.
McAlear & Associates Advertising
Sr. Art Director
Working in a smaller agency gave me the opportunity to experience various aspects of the entire business. For the creative, I was able to develop identity design, brand development, and web design. Additionally, I was able to work directly with account managers, and media buyers while gaining critical experience in presenting concepts directly to clients.
Denight Advertising & Promotions
International experience working across the Mariana island region based in Guam. Accounts included Miller, Philip Morris, Citibank, Hilton and Hyatt Regency Hotels, IT&E (AT&T Guam), CBS, NBC and WB TV Networks
PBT Design Group
A fantastic launch point because PBT Design had started out as a type-foundry and introduced me to thousands of fonts and gave me exposure to understanding the nuances of typesets and faces.